Term(s) in Office
January 1, 2022-December 2023
January 2018-December 2021
When Meghann Foster took office as Mayor on January 1, 2022, she became the first female mayor in Coralville's 148 year history.
Meghann has been a Coralville resident since 2001. She is the Community Engagement Coordinator for the Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP) and teaches strategic communication and social media marketing at the University of Iowa's School of Journalism and Mass Communication. She holds a Master's in Strategic Communication from Washington State University and a Bachelor's from the University of Iowa. She has been an active parent volunteer at Coralville Central Elementary, Northwest Junior High, and West High School, and is a contributor to the Iowa City Moms Blog. Her family includes her husband and five children. In her free time, she enjoys running on Coralville's trails, watching movies, and spending time with her family.
Other government services include:
- Former member, Planning and Zoning Commission
- Member, Coralville Community Food Pantry Board of Directors
- Advisor to the Johnson County Affordable Housing Coalition
- Metropolitan Planning Organization of Johnson County (MPO) Urbanized Area Policy Board
- Johnson County Juvenile Justice and Youth Development Policy Board
- Former member, East Center Iowa Council of Government Board of Directors