December 11, 2022
1513 7th Street
Coralville, IA 52241
Free and open to the public
Cultural Displays: One Coralville, Bright Future (part of Aisle of Lights)
Sunday, December 11, 2022
Diversity in our community helps make Coralville home! Whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, or the snowy season, you can sign up to host a cultural display in S.T. Morrison Park during Aisle of Lights, or take a stroll through the park to see the displays and celebrate our unity in Coralville.
The City of Coralville is looking for people/organizations to set up displays in S.T. Morrison Park during Aisle of Lights to celebrate our unity in Coralville during the season of lights. The displays will be along the path from Fireside Shelter to Hilltop Shelter. We'll share our cultures, and engage in conversations in the park around the beauty of the luminarias and cultural displays.
- Decorate a space with battery-powered lights, candles and/or decorations meaningful to your culture, organization, or family.
- Displays can be stand-alone or “staffed” for people-to-people interaction.
- Displays must be set up on Sunday, December 11 and be ready by 4:00 pm.
- Displays must be up until 8:00 pm on December 11.
- Burning candles must be extinguished at end of event. Tear down display by Monday, December 12, at 4:00 pm.
- There is no fee to participate. Businesses/organizations may offer goodies and should be marked for food allergens.
- Displays must be family-friendly. Parks and Recreation staff reserve the right to close a display if deemed offensive.
- Live music or recorded music welcome. Please indicate if you are having music so we can space the displays accordingly. Amplified music must be low enough to hear just in the area of the display.
- There are no electrical outlets available. Battery power only or whisper-quiet generators welcome.
How to Register
There is no fee to participate. To set up a display, register by 5:00 pm on December 4, 2022:
- Call the Coralville Recreation Center or call 319.248.1750, or
- Register online
About Aisle of Lights
This is one of many free events happening during Aisle of Lights on the evening of December 11, 2022. To see the full event list, visit www.coralville.org/AisleofLights.
About Coralville's 150th
This is also part of a series of free community events held from October 2022 through October 2023 to celebrate Coralville's sesquicentennial; Coralville will celebrate its 150th anniversary on October 3, 2023. Coralville's 150th anniversary webpage