October 31, 2022
Halloween Trick or Treating 2022
Monday, October 31, 2022
Coralville's city-wide Halloween trick-or-treating hours will be from 5:30 until 8:00 pm on October 31, 2022. If the weather is bad, use your own judgement; trick-or-treating will not be rescheduled if the weather doesn't cooperate.
Tips for trick-or-treaters:
- Trick or treaters should be with a supervising adult
- Don't visit homes with the outdoor lights turned off
- Carry a flashlight, and wear reflective clothing or reflective tape on costumes
- Avoid props that look like a real weapon
- Stay in familiar neighborhoods
- Walk on the sidewalk, not in the street, and always cross at intersections
- Never enter a stranger’s home or car
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently, and stay home if you feel sick
- Adults should check candy before it is eaten
Residents can help keep neighborhoods trick or treat friendly:
- Turn on front door lights only if passing out treats
- Avoid driving during trick-or-treat time unless necessary and use caution
- Turn on outdoor garage lights for added safety
- Secure your pets to protect both visitors and pets
- If handing out candy, wash or sanitize your hands; and do not hand out treats if you feel sick.
To help make Halloween accessible to all trick-or-treaters, consider these ideas:
- Set up a treat station at the end of your driveway, or hand out treats in a place outside your home that doesn't require climbing stairs.
- Consider offering non-food items as an alternative for those who can't have treats.
- Avoid strobe lights, and turn down loud music and sound effects.
- Be patient; remember that not all children can wear costumes because of sensitivities, and not all children can say "trick or treat."
- Remember that older children with special needs enjoy trick or treating, too.