October 4, 2021 - October 8, 2021
Items are picked up on your trash day. Metal may be picked up on a different day.
Free. Tag extra bags of trash as usual.
Mayor's Clean Up Week Fall 2021
Monday, October 4, 2021
Set out a large trash item too big for your cart for free pickup during Mayor’s fall Clean Up Week 2021. Some restrictions apply.
Mayor's Clean Up Week is a great time to throw out an item too large to fit in your garbage cart, such as broken furniture and bathroom fixtures, for free garbage pickup. Available to Coralville city trash and recycling customers.
Mayor's Clean Up Week is for items that need to be thrown away and cannot be reused. Do not send usable items to the landfill. Where to donate usable items
Place items too big for your trash cart at the curb up to 24 hours before or by 7:00 am on your regular trash collection day. Smaller items belong in your cart. If your cart is full, place smaller items in a garbage bag and tag the extra bags as usual. Do not dump loose small items on the ground.
Remove items not accepted from the curb within 24 hours after collection day (metal is picked up by a separate truck and may be picked up on a day that is different from your regular collection day).
- Items must be able to be reasonably lifted by two people.
- Items must fit in the garbage truck. Dismantle large items.
- See www.coralville.org/cleanup for a full list of what we'll take. Unaccepted items include construction materials, appliances*, electronics*, hazardous materials, tires*, and wooden swingsets (*picked up by appointment only; schedule a special pick-up).
- The City reserves the right to deny collection of any items deemed hazardous to our trucks or personnel.
- See complete guidelines at www.coralville.org/cleanup or call 319.248.1740.
- As usual, tag extra bags of garbage.
High volumes of materials are collected during Mayor’s Clean Up Week. If you have a large amount of cardboard to recycle, help us out by setting it out the week before or after Mayor’s Clean Up Week, or take it to a designated drop-off location. Learn about cardboard recycling