Utility Bill Help

General Assistance
General Assistance (GA) provides short-term help to Johnson County residents in extreme financial crisis. Financial assistance is available to address the following needs: rent, utilities, provisions, transportation, prescriptions, pet food, and funeral expenses.

General Assistance Program

Financial Support Program
CommUnity Crisis Services has a Financial Support Program to help with money towards basic needs, including rent and utility assistance.

Financial Support Program

Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)
The federal Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) provides funds to assist low-income households with past-due water and wastewater bills. Payments are made directly to the utility agency on behalf of the household. The program is administered by the Iowa Department of Human Rights and locally through Iowa’s Community Action Agencies.

Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program

To apply, contact:

Hawkeye Area Community Action Program
Waterfront Office, 367 Southgate Ave. Iowa City, Iowa, 52240
Phone: 319.337.5765 or 800.332.5289
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-12:00 pm and 1:00-4:00 pm
Website: https://www.hacap.org 

Due to COVID-19, applications are not being taken in person. Please call the number above to discuss other ways to apply for the program. 

Neighbors Helping Neighbors (Utility Donations)
Make a donation to help a Coralville resident keep their water on.

Make a Donation

Do you need more time to pay your utility bill?
If you need more time to pay your City of Coralville utility bill, please contact Utility Billing at utilitybilling@coralville.org or 319.248.1715.