COVID-19 Info (Parks & Rec)
Please stay home if you have a fever of 100.4F or higher or aren’t feeling well (unexplained cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, unexplained muscle aches, or other symptoms of illness). Follow CDC recommendations for isolation if you or someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19.
Summer 2020 Pool Information
Hours, capacity, rules, & extra precautions
The Coralville pools opened June 29, 2020, for recreational swimming with modifications to:
- Pool capacity
- New hours and Coralville resident-only early admission
- Reservations for summer camps and day care groups
- Extra precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19
To prepare for your visit to the Coralville Community Aquatic Center or the Coralville Indoor Pool, please read the summer 2020 pool information.
When to stay home
Please stay home if you:
- Have a fever of 100.4F or higher in the past 72 hours
- Have any symptoms of illness, including unexplained cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, chills, unexplained fatigue or muscle aches, headache, runny or stuffy nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or other symptoms of illness
- Have COVID-19
- Have been exposed in the past 14 days to someone with COVID-19
The exercise room at the Coralville Recreation Center is available.
- Occupancy limit is two people.
- Monday & Wednesday: 7:30 am-5:30 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 7:30 am-8:30 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Times subject to change
- Locker rooms are available, but you are encouraged to come dressed to exercise.
- Drinking fountains are not available. We have a bottle filler and vending machines.
If you had an active exercise room pass on March 15, 2020 it will be extended for 3 months due to the COVID 19 closure.
Lap swimming and water walking is available at the Indoor Pool at the Coralville Recreation Center.
- Changes are in effect for capacity limits. View COVID-19 pool information.
- View the monthly indoor pool calendar
- Lap swim times are limited to Coralville residents only or pass holders
- We ask swimmers to limit their time in the locker rooms. Come dressed to swim. The locker rooms will be open, but the lockers will not be available for use. We recommend bringing your valuables out on deck with you.
- Use of our equipment (kickboards, etc.) is not available.
If you had an active pool pass on March 15, 2020 your pass will be extended 3 months due to the COVID-19 closure.