Outdoor storm warning sirens are located throughout Coralville (north and south of Interstate 80) to provide notification of severe weather.
- Kiddie Korral Park (Intersection of 12th Avenue and 8th Street)
- Coral Ridge Avenue (Highway 965) and Holiday Road (northeast corner)
- Forevergreen Road and Highway 965 (shared with North Liberty)
- 2000 James Street
- 1st Avenue at Brown Deer Golf Club entrance
- 2351 Old Hospital Road (Oakdale Campus)
Most of Coralville’s storm warning sirens operate on solar charged batteries which allow the system to remain functional in the event of a power failure. If you live near a siren and think it is malfunctioning, please contact Fire Chief David Stannard at 319.248.1835.