North Ridge Pavilion is a 1,700 square-foot (35-foot wide x 50-foot long), all-season event venue. The perfect size for a company gathering, family reunion, wedding reception, or other function, it can be easily accessed from Holiday Road. Seat up to 100 guests in the great room, prepare a meal in the kitchen, or have your event catered and relax as you take in a breath of fresh air on the veranda overlooking the park.
Facility is available for rentals Monday through Sunday from 7:00 am - 11:00 pm. All guests and support personnel (including catering staff) must exit the building and park by 11:00 pm. Overnight rentals are not permitted at North Ridge Pavilion.
Reservations are taken year round and must be made in person at the Coralville Recreation Center, 1506 8th Street. Reservations can be made up to 18 months in advance and a minimum of 10 days prior to your event. Full rental fee and deposit is due at the time of reservation. A non-refundable application fee of one-third of the base fee is applied in the event of a cancellation.
(Effective July 1, 2013)
|Coralville Resident /
|Weekday 4-hour block
|Weekend 6-hour block
|Weekend entire day
|Johnson County non-profit 2-hour rental (Monday - Thursday)*
|Optional Event Cleaning
*Must provide a copy of 501C3 Status Certification
**Paid by separate check or credit card (MC, Visa, Discover)Event Planning
- Seating Accommodations: Seat up to 100 guests with 12 five-foot round tables and 12 eight-foot rectangular tables.
- Music: Music is allowed inside the pavilion only.
- AV Equipment: AV equipment in the form of television with VHS and DVD options is available for use, as is an overhead projector screen. The facility is able to access the parks wifi internet.
- Decorations: Decorations may be placed throughout the facility but must leave no marks or residue when removed. The use of glitter or confetti is not permitted.
- Alcohol / Smoking: The North Ridge Pavilion and its attached veranda is a smoke-free facility. Alcohol in the form of beer, wine, and wine cooler type drinks is allowed at the facility if it is given away to those over 21 years of age. An alcohol permit of $15 is required. Selling alcohol is prohibited.
- Using North Ridge Pavilion For-Profit: Groups or individuals using a Parks and Recreation Department / facility to generate revenue will pay a higher rate. People reserving the facility to conduct fundraising activities for a non-profit organization or political candidate will pay two-times the standard rate. Businesses, for profit organizations, or individuals conducting for profit activities will pay three-times the established rental rate. The fee may be waived or reduced by the Parks and Recreation Director if all net proceeds are donated to a non-profit organization or an established Coralville Charity event / fund.
- Youth Non Profit Facility Use: North Ridge Pavilion may be used by youth non-profit organizations on Tuesday evenings (youth non-profit as defined by Department policies). Each group may have no more than one free reservation per month. Additional rentals may be made by the group at the weekday non-profit rate. Check with the Recreation Center for the time frames when requests can be made. A $25 deposit is required and can be retained with the Department for up to one year.